Directions to the Provo City Library at Academy Square
550 North University Avenue
Provo, Utah 84601
- About 45 miles south of Salt Lake City, take exit 269 (University Parkway)
- Turn east (left towards the mountains) at the off-ramp traffic signal
- On University Parkway, drive east through Orem and down the hill into Provo
- Turn right (south) onto University Avenue and proceed until you get to 500 North
- The library is between 500 and 600 North on the east (left) side of the street
- Take exit 263 (US-189 N/University Avenue)
- Drive north on University Avenue past Provo Center Street.
- The library is between 500 and 600 North on the east (right) side of the street.
Salt Lake CIty International Airport to Provo Transportation
Most major car rental agencies are available at Salt Lake City International Airport (SLC).
It is approximately a one-hour drive from the SLC Airport to Provo. We strongly encourage you to make shuttle reservations in advance to avoid waiting at the airport. If you choose to make arrangements on arrival, the shuttle service counters are located near the baggage claim area.
Utah Transit Authority (UTA) has transit options from SLC Airport to Provo.
- Purchase a ticket at the station kiosk for FrontRunner (North Temple to Provo).
- FrontRunner tickets include TRAX and bus service for two hours.
- Sunday service is not available for FrontRunner.
- Take TRAX (light rail) Green Line to (West Valley City)
- Exit TRAX at Guadelupe/North Temple station
- Descend from the TRAX platform down to the FrontRunner (commuter rail) platfrom.
- Take FrontRunner south to Provo (end of the line)
- Take a bus to your destination
- Bus 830 runs up University Avenue past the library
- Bus 836 runs up Freedom Boulevard past the Provo Marriott
Provo Municipal Airport-to-Provo Transportation
Provo Municipal Airport (PVU) is also an option for some visitors.
- Hertz and Enterprise offer car rentals at the Provo airport.
- You can use ride sharing services, taxis, or any car rental agency willing to pick you up.